Volunteers & Community Service Projects
The Forbes House Museum offers a variety of opportunities for individuals interested in volunteering. Volunteer placement is made based on an individual’s interests, experience, abilities, availability, and on current volunteer openings. The Forbes House Museum also provides community service projects for students. There’s something for everyone!
Current opportunities include:
- Office helpers: Receive training on general office tasks including data entry, booking tours, preparing US mail for post office delivery, assisting with large bulk mailings, filing, and answering the telephone and doorbell.
- Gallery helpers: Receive training to become a FHM tour guide, care for the Museum by dusting, sweeping, and preparing the galleries and walkways for tours.
- Collections research: Compile research on works of art in the Museum’s permanent collection using a questionnaire/template.
- Event greeters: The FHM has special programs and events once or twice a month on weekends or in the evening. Receive training on setting up for the event, greeting guests, and monitoring the galleries.
- Building and grounds helpers: Help spruce up the Museum by moving light furniture, participating in landscape clean-up, and tidying the storage room.
Students, organizations, or individuals interested in any of these projects should e-mail email@example.com or call 617.696.1815.